Stir fry is so easy, healthy and delicious! It’s also not bad on the grocery budget. I really enjoy cooking my own versions of various cuisines, and I finally got an Asian themed dish to turn out exactly how I wanted it.
This reminds me of a spicy egg roll with out the deep fried shell. So this is definitely a healthy option for your weekly menu. I served this with brown rice for a healthy whole grain, but this is delicious even with out rice, if you’re trying to avoid grain. The fried egg on top tied it all together, with the yolk mixing into all the other vibrant flavors combined in this dish.
Here’s the recipe:
2 large chicken breast, cut in small pieces. (you can also sub ground turkey)
1 small green cabbage, shredded
2 cups shredded carrot
1 small onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup frozen peas
1 bunch green onion, sliced
Eggs for topping
1/2 cup sriracha sauce
2 T Sesame oil
2 T coconut oil
1/2 cup soy sauce, or Bragg’s coconut aminos for a soy free option
1 T powdered Ginger or fresh ginger
1 tsp cayenne
1 T crushed red pepper
2 T honey, or maple syrup
1. Cook chicken in coconut oil.
2. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and add sesame oil, Cabbage, carrot, onion, and garlic.
3. Continue cooking until cabbage begins to soften, then add spices, soy sauce, sriracha and honey.
4. Add frozen peas and cooked chicken.
5. Continue stirring until peas are thawed.
6. Fry eggs for topping in a separate pan.
7. Top with green onion.
Serve with brown rice, or no rice for a lower carb option.